thougths about our config file format may help you.
- What means Kephra ? It is the scarab god (neter) of ancient Egypt. I understand is as the principle of self creation - use Kephra to write Kephra. The rising sun (morning - the hour of Kephra) is also a nice analogy of the rising Programs - once written with Kephra - now run on their own. In (my favorite) esoteric tradition Kephra stands also for an enlightened, unified consciousness, that comes from the center (heart), exactly the way we want to create the perfect editor.
- Why another text editor ? Because no one - and we testet over 70 - has what we need and isn't even build upon a base that could ever provide it. Please read the introduction. to find out what makes Kephra goal set so special.
- Why you have such a low version number ?. Because our initial goal - marked as version 1.0 - is set very high. The number indicate roughly our current position regarding to that goal, but every stable version is made ready for end user. More information about this jou find in the versioning thougths.
- Any released Mac or Linux Versions ? Kephra runs under Linux and but explicit packages should follow.
- How to install Kephra from CPAN shell ? If you have installed Perl on your computer a simple cpan command in the shell should open CPAN shell. Maybe you'r required to reserve the needed rights with "sudo cpan". In the the CPAN shell it takes only an "install Kephra" (currently force install- we fix that ASAP).Sometimes you have to also copy the config and help into ~/.kephra/ too (hope to fix that too). To install development versions from CPAN you list available versions with "ls LICHTKIND". Then "install LICHTKIND/Kephra-version.tar.gz". "q" followed by <Enter> closes the CPAN shell.
- Is it Unicode safe? Yes, UTF-8 ist currently the only encoding.
|caret||or textcursor, is a blinking marker for your current position in text, moveable with the keyboard|
|cursor||is a symbol on the screen that is moved by mouse. It enables a way to control the program.|
|EOL||End Of Line mode. The line breaking format will ordinary be defined by your operating system. Unix has lf or line feed, Macintosh cr or carry return and Windows cr and lf.|
|hard tabs||real tabs, a single character that takes the space of several whitespaces||LLI||Long Line Indicator, or right margin is a vertical line on the edit panel. It helps to keep an favoured maximum line width.|
|soft tabs||a bunch of whitespaces that look like a tab and will inserted if you press the tab key|
|tab||tabulator character was ment to enable tables in the early times of computing. It is generated by the tab key(on the left side of the keyboard, upon shift) and it is only only character who has width of several characters.|
© 2012 Kephra Project